Pet Passport Requirements for Uk

Pet Passport Requirements for Uk

• You fill out a form for your pet bird that you must take with you and your bird meets health requirements Ask your veterinarian to update an official passport for your pet. A UK Health Certificate is required for pets travelling to the UK from another EU Member State or the countries listed in step #6, unless your pet has a current EU pet passport. Pets that do not enter the UK from Northern Ireland on a non-commercial basis are not subject to these requirements. Control of travel with pets between the UK and Northern Ireland has been suspended indefinitely. There are no rabies requirements for other species of rodents, rabbits, birds, ornamentalfish, intervebrated, amphibians and reptiles (except red-eared repellers) imported into the UK from other EU Member States as well as Andorra, Switzerland, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway and San Marino. However, domestic rabbits and rodents imported into the UK will be quarantined for 4 months, unless they have lived in an EU Member State for at least 4 months prior to importation. You must travel with up-to-date health certificates and need an import license. You must quarantine your pet upon arrival at NI if it does not meet the entry requirements. You have to bear the costs. You can enter the UK with a dog, cat or ferret as long as you are vaccinated against rabies. If you do not have an official pet passport, you can enter from a third country with an official veterinary certificate. If you are travelling to an EU country or Northern Ireland from Andorra, Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Greenland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Vatican City State, your pet can also enter the EU with a pet passport issued in one of these countries or territories.

It is always recommended to contact the competent authority of the destination country before travelling, as additional requirements may need to be met. The UK accepts pet passports or a UK animal health certificate from the following countries (referred to as countries listed in Part 1): If your pet resides in one of the following countries and your veterinarian has issued your pet passport, the UK will accept it in place of an EU health certificate as long as it is updated with all rabies vaccinations and treatment tapeworm. Pet passports list the different treatments your pet has undergone. When you enter the UK, your pet will not be quarantined as long as the following conditions are met. Unless otherwise stated, the following rules apply to domestic dogs, cats and ferrets, including service dogs and cats. Your pet may be released if it meets the entry requirements. It takes approximately 1 month to 4 months to obtain a UK pet passport to bring a pet to the UK. The time depends on where you come from and the type of your pet. The requirements for travel between NI and ROI do not change. In accordance with the provisions of the NI Protocol, the EU Household Travel Regulation will continue to apply to travel between NI and EU Member States, including return on investment, after the end of the transition period. In addition to the standard requirements (microchip, rabies vaccination, echinococcus treatment if applicable, EU health certificate), your pet must be tested for rabies antibodies 30 days after the rabies vaccination and at least 3 months before travelling to the EU. An approved veterinarian must take the blood sample for testing by an EU-approved blood analysis laboratory.

The passport is only valid if you meet the entry requirements. If you are travelling with 6 or more cats, dogs or ferrets to be transported under non-commercial regulations, they must be 6 months of age or older and attend or train for a competition, show or sporting event. If not, your pets must meet the requirements of commercial transportation. (see step #5) If you are travelling with your NI pet to the UK and are not returning to NI, there are no documentation or health preparedness requirements. However, there is a legal requirement that dogs be microchipped at 8 weeks of age. If you are travelling with your dog to Finland, Ireland, Malta, Norway or Northern Ireland, you must treat him for the tapeworm Echinococcus between 24 and 120 hours before departure. All details of the treatment must be recorded in your pet passport or EU health certificate. Bringing pets to the UK can be a bit complicated. First, your pet (dogs, ferrets and cats) will need a microchip.

You will also need a valid rabies vaccine, given no earlier than 21 days before entering the UK, and a pet passport or animal health certificate. Other pet species than dogs, ferrets and cats do not require a microchip or rabies vaccine, but may require a health certificate and/or import permit. The EU pet travel programme covers the movement of pets with their owners. For commercial movements or travel with more than 5 pets, in addition to the preparations necessary for the transport of pets, the requirements of the Animal Health Act applicable from 21 April 2021 for trade must be met. If you plan to take your pet on a trip to a country with a high incidence of rabies, your vet should carry out a rabies titre test before leaving the country if you intend to return to the UK. You do not have to wait 90 days before travelling if your pet has a European pet passport and its vaccination and blood test have been carried out in the EU and recorded in the pet passport. Your veterinarian should include the following information on your dog`s passport or certificate: Please note that when participating in an exhibition, training event or competition, regardless of the number of pets, you must comply with the animal welfare requirements set out in the Animal Welfare (Transport) (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2006, as amended. Further advice and information on animal welfare during transport can be found here. Starting at 1. In January 2021, British-type European Pet Passports issued in the UK or the Netherlands before 31 December 2020 will no longer be valid. However, since NI is still part of the EU pet travel program, NI travelers can obtain a valid European pet passport in NI that they can use as an alternative to an HCA. Since 2000, your dog, cat or ferret can have their own pet passport as part of the pet travel program, also known as “PETS”.

With a UK pet passport, pet owners can bring their pets to the UK without having to endure a long period of quarantine. A pet passport basically shows that your dog, cat or ferret is fit and healthy to travel with you. A valid EU pet passport issued in the UK will NOT be valid for travel within the EU or NI from 1 January 2021. Your pet must have a microchip (“transponder”) if you want to get a British pet passport. You can obtain a pet passport from a veterinarian authorized to issue it in the countries listed in Part 1. If your veterinarian does not issue a pet passport, inquire about the nearest passport or contact the Animal and Plant Health Authority. The requirements for travelling to EU member states (including NI) with your pet depend on the country you are from. This change in UK country status means there are additional documentation, preparedness and controls requirements for travelling with a pet from the UK to NI, including a rabies vaccine and a European pet passport for NI travellers or an animal health certificate (AHC) for UK travellers. The EU Regulation on the travel of pet animals (Regulation (EU) 576/2013) sets out documentation, health and compliance requirements for the transport of companion dogs (including assistance dogs), cats and ferrets between and within EU Member States, including Northern Ireland (NI), in order to avoid quarantine of animals.