15 Mar IMPORTANT PEDIATRIC CENTER LOCATION AND APPOINTMENT CHANGES
Dear Pediatric Center Families,
The providers and staff of the Pediatric Center remain committed to caring for your children, while together we adjust to the changes in our community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. For the health and safety of our patients, their families, and our staff, effective tomorrow, preventative/well-child care will be provided in an office SEPARATE from our sick patients.
Beginning tomorrow, Monday, March 16th:
- Only well-child visits, routine medication checks, and weight checks (including newborns) will be seen at our John Rolfe location. Sick children who arrive at our John Rolfe location will be asked to leave and drive to our Virginia Center Commons location.
- Only sick visits will be seen at our Virginia Center Commons location.
- Sick and well care will continue to be provided at our Laburnum location on an individual basis.
- There will be NO weekday walk-in appointments at any office.
- We will continue to see patients for walk-in appointments on Saturdays at our Virginia Center Commons location from 8:30-11:30am.
- We will ask screening questions to all families upon arrival to each of our locations. Families with high risk of COVID-19 infection may be evaluated in their vehicle to limit additional exposure.
- Limited COVID-19 testing is available for specific situations.
- We strongly encourage families to consider bringing as few people as possible, including siblings, into our office for your child’s appointment.
If you have an upcoming visit scheduled with us, your appointment location and provider may need to be changed. We will be reaching out to these families soon. We understand that disrupting the routine of seeing your regular provider at one office may feel stressful. However, we sincerely hope that our goal of maintaining the highest level of patient care and safety by limiting exposure to COVID-19 will provide comfort and continued confidence in the Pediatric Center.
Rest assured, we are continually keeping up to date with recommendations from the Centers for Disease control (CDC), Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). We want your family to be safe. Please encourage your children and families to continue washing their hands, cover their sneezes and coughs, keep frequently touched surfaces clean, and practice social distancing by not attending large gatherings. We greatly appreciate your patience as we continue to update our office practices and policies during this ever-changing situation.
The entire team of the Pediatric Center
Some useful links:
From the CDC:
Parenting tips during COVID-19: